www.flickr.com

Thursday, February 20, 2014

new mixed media self portrait: "I Have a Voice."

Been working in the studio this past week on a new mixed media collage. It is for a possible submission to the Chico Art Center 8th Annual Contemporary Woman Juried Exhibition May 16-June 13, 2014. The Chico Art Center asked that your work be based on the following quote:

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright


This quote really appealed to me. I feel like Madeline Albright could have speaking to me directly in my post Leukemia treatment, in remission state. When reading through the quote, I thought that I could be the one having a voice, showing an image of myself with a word escaping from my mouth and being surrounded by works that are synonyms for voice: speak, say, feeling, articulate, declare, view,communicate, etc. It is still a work in progress but happy with the results so far.

"I Have a Voice."


"I Have a Voice."
Taking some time off until next week and will continue work on Monday afternoon.

Celebrating "Girl's Weekend" this weekend. It's a now 5 year gathering of we four women friends who have know each other for 30 years. Lots of changes go on in 30 years and we celebrate being together through it all!

Have a great weekend everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment