www.flickr.com

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Latest artsy activities from Estudio Martita / Martha Rodriguez


There has been a flurry of activity in Estudio Martita for the past month. As usual, artful activites seem to always happen around the same time.

My first event is happening this Tuesday at Puerto Alegre Restaurant on Valencia Street in San Francisco. The show is titled: Pasion de Frida. It is a celebration of Frida Kahlo's birthday on July 6th. There will be fabulous artwork exhibited, music, food, prizes and a Frida look alike contest!


I will have two paintings exhibited:
Frida in Fuschia - mixed media
La Rosa Frida - mixed media

In addition, I will be selliing some of my Frida inspired folk art at the opening on Tuesday: upcycled Frida purses, jewelry, home accessories and small works of art.  Come on by!

what: Pasión de Frida
where: Puerto Alegre Restaurant
address: 546 Valencia St. San Francisco (between 16th and 17th)
when: Opening Tuesday July 2nd, 3 to 5pm; runs until August 27th

--------------------------------------------------

                                   

another Frida Kahlo birthday celebration...

what: Fiestas Fridas Community Celebration
where: The Women's Building
address: 3543 18th St. San Francisco, CA 94110 
when: Sunday July 7th from 2 to 9pm in the Audre Lord room

I have one piece of artwork that I created for this event:
Bound by Love - mixed media on canvas - 24" x 30"
I'll also be selling my Frida inspired folk art in the Audre Lord room also. In the auditorium there will be music - world and salsa, music and dance performances face painting, craft making plus raffle give-aways! Fun for all!

Would love to see you at both events but would be so happy to see you at one.

Wishing you good health and sending big hugs!

Martha
Estudio Martita



2 comments:

  1. congrats!
    the Frida look-alike contest sounds like a lot of fun. hopefully you will take lots of photos and post some???
    ps i love the La Rosa painting. i that new?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebeca. I will definitely be taking lots of pics and post them on Facebook and here as well.

      Got to say I totally enjoyed our lunch and time together. Thank-you again for the "lonche" treat. It was great to share stories and experiences together.

      As far as the La Rosa painting, I worked on it back in February of this year. Yes, I'm really happy with that mixed media piece too.Used some of my FAB paper from Flax on that one.

      Take care with the heat in Santa Rosa.

      We had our pride weekend and I managed to miss it. It was enough to see photos online, read the paper etc. but I really just felt like getting the last minute preparations together for my two shows. At this point in my life, I just want to do what I really want to do. I don't feel like I'm missing out on living because I'm living the life I want!

      Who would have thought I could ever say that??

      hugs,
      Martha

      Delete