www.flickr.com

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Do Not Look Back

Do not look back and grieve over the past, 
for it is gone; 
and do not be troubled about the future, 
for it has not yet come. 
Live in the present, 
and make it so beautiful 
that it will be worth remembering. 

I've had just two days of living this quote. I have to say, it has given me permission to let go of future worries and left me with a feeling of calm. Yesterday, I was on my way to the studio when my friend Maryellen called. She is a nurse at San Francisco General. She had a day off. She wanted to know if I wanted to go with her to Terra Mia to paint a ceramic dish or cup. Hanging out with a good friend sounded like fun. I decided to leave my studio time until today and hang out with her. It was lots of fun. As always, lots and lots of good conversation and lots and lots of laughing.

I had just told my studio mate Paul and another artist friend Catherine, that I wanted to take some of the stress out of doing my artwork. I wanted to work at it because I enjoy creating rather than I have to create it for a deadline. The latter is very, very stressful. I also said that if I had a friend who called me during the week wanting to hang out, I was going to take the time to enjoy time with them. Well, it had been less than 24 hours that I said this and I heard from Maryellen. I had to believe that this was some kind of sign or message! I decided I wanted to put my words into play. So Terra Mia with Maryellen it was! It was a great day. 

Life can be pretty amazing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment