www.flickr.com

Thursday, September 10, 2009

In Memory of my dog Kodi





My sweet dog Kodi passed away last night. She was 14 years old and a Black Lab / Greyhound mix. My husband and I and kids Mario and Gaby, adopted her from the San Francisco SPCA when she was 3 - at least that's what they told us. She grew a bit more after having her for a few months so it was never clear just how old she was. What we do know is that she was a sweet, gentle dog who loved her kids, loved other kids and loved her pack - her family. She grew grey with me (except I began to color mine) and my husband. Over the past year, she grew increasingly slow, suffering from arthritis and loosing some of her sight and hearing. Its not easy getting old!!! Last night, she grew very, very tired. It was her last night with us.

Kodi enriched our lives as a family and offered us her wonderful, unconditional love. We will miss her throughout the rest of our lives and will love her forever.

The Etsy Treasury I created was very whimsical because those memories I have of my dog Kodi are sweet and happy ones. This Treasury is in honor of her. Click on IN LOVING MEMORY BELOW, to view the treasury.

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY DOG KODI

Hope you enjoy it!

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment